Discovered mold in your home? Don’t panic! Call Restoration-Pro instead. As your trusted Gadsden mold removal and mold remediation experts, we take the proper steps to remove mold efficiently and quickly from your home.
Where Does Mold Grow?
Mold thrives in wet, moist areas, favoring crawlspaces, basements, and bathrooms where it’s cool and comfortable. After floods or other types of water or storm damage, the risk of a mold problem increases substantially. It grows practically anywhere, from that slice of bread left in the bag too long to pipes underneath the bathroom sink. Mold continues to breed until it’s remediated, causing problems for those inside the home.
Don’t assume all is well if you do not see mold with your eyes. It can grow behind walls, under floors, and other non-visible areas. Even when mold isn’t visible, it will cause problems for the homes’ structure and the people inside.
Many signs suggest a mold problem in the home that should not be ignored. Reach out to Restoration-Pro if you need an expert inspection to detect the presence of mold and/or mold removal or mold remediation service.
Signs of a Mold Problem
Mold can be black, brown, or even green. It often resembles dirt, although it appears as a fuzzy stain on the surface at a closer look. It grows anywhere it is moist, then mold spores fill the air. These mold spores can aggravate allergies and asthma, cause problems with breathing, and cause numerous other health concerns, particularly for children and elderly individuals.
The following signs are the most common indicators of a mold problem in your home. Get in touch with us as soon as possible to schedule fast mold removal and remediation.
- Leaks: Does the tub drip all night long? Is there a leak in a pipe? Expect problems with mold if they’re not around already.
- Persistent Coughs/ Colds: Can’t figure out why your cough won’t go away or why you always seem to have a stuffy nose or itchy throat? Perhaps mold growing beneath the surface is triggering these allergy symptoms.
- Smell: Ooh, that smell! A musty odor often signals a mold problem in the home. You’re more likely to smell these odors in moisture-prone rooms like those mentioned above.
- Asthma/Allergy Flare-Ups: Mold affects everyone but individuals with asthma and allergies are at the greatest risk of illness and symptoms when it’s inside of the home. If problems with asthma and allergies have recently worsened or get worse only while inside the home, it could be mold.
- Mold: Spotting mold is the biggest sign you have a mold problem in the home! Mold is green, brown, or black and may resemble spots of dirt. At closer observation, however, it appears more as a stain. Check the ceilings in the bathroom, underneath sinks, along basement baseboards and other conspicuous and non-conspicuous areas to find mold if you suspect a problem.
Treating mold without the proper knowledge is a waste of time.
Until mold is treated at the source, it will return again and again. Cleaning and treating mold is dangerous and requires special protective gear and equipment to reduce health risks related to mold exposure. Why take these risks when Restoration-Pro has specially trained experts well prepared to handle the task?
Mold Removal and Mold Remediation in Gadsden
We offer mold removal and remediation for homeowners in Gadsden and surrounding areas, including Attalla, Glencoe, Hokes Bluff, Rainbow City, Reece City, and Southside. Restoration-Pro brings dedicated experts to every job. We’ve served customers since 2000, bringing exceptional work, old-fashioned customer service, and excellent prices to each family we’ve served. We’d love to add your name to our list of satisfied customers.
- Industry-trained experts dedicated to fast and effective mold removal
- Professional experts
- Safe, effective, and environmentally friendly treatments
- We stand behind our work
- Over 20 years’ experience
- Customized treatments
- We treat small and large mold problems
- We ensure work is completed to the highest of standards
- FREE estimates -No obligation to hire us for service
What’s the Difference Between Mold Removal and Remediation?
Mold removal focuses on physically removing mold from your home. Removing every shred of mold from the house is imperative. Without complete removal, mold problems only continue. Once all the mold has been removed, remediation comes in to reduce moisture levels in the home to drop mold levels back to healthy amounts. The most effective way to combat mold is through customized removal and remediation provided by experts like those at Restoration-Pro.